Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun in Michigan!

Anybody who thinks you can't have fun right here in Michigan, hasn't taken a look at our beautiful state. I've spent a lot of time working this summer, and now that it's almost over I decided to take a little "me" time.

Of course I looked no further than the western side of our state; Saugatuck! As it happens, I am not the only one who knows how beautiful this place is. I called almost every hotel, boatel in the area, and they were all booked! I asked them, "What is going on? Is there a big event?" They said, no, it's just summer. And that apparently is enough.

Luckily, I found one of the few remaining rooms and am looking forward to enjoying what promises to be a beautiful weekend.

No sooner did I make my reservation, than I got an email from my friend and editor of the Body, Mind, Spirit Guide, Penny Golden. It described an enticing adventure taking place on September 25-27 and said, "The setting for this glorious weekend is the charming Chateau Lorraine Bed and Breakfast on Mackinac Island." Of course, I signed up for this, too.

I love to travel, and I have enjoyed traveling to different countries and different states all my life. This summer, however, I have had the distinct privilege of discovering the beauty of my home state. I hope you take the time to enjoy it, too!

No comments: