Sunday, May 24, 2009

Some People Deserve To Win

I don’t usually go around shamelessly plugging people, but this guy deserves it.

My 24-year-old son has a friend named Marc Harris. A few years ago, Marc signed up for the army and spent the next couple of years in Iraq and Afghanistan. While I was drinking champagne and enjoying life, he was sleeping on a hard board and hoping not to step on land mines. He did a great job serving his country, and with the money he saved up from his pay (there’s not much to spend it on in Afghanistan), he bought a beautiful red sports car.

I think that may be what started his love of detailing, because when he came back last year, he started a car detailing business. The minute I saw his description sheet of the services he provides, I could tell this wasn’t just the Jax Special wash, wax, and vac. He uses things like clay bars, and jars of wax that cost $200. The enthusiasm beams in his face when he shows you the special wax he just bought, or talks about the special techniques he performs that take cars to their highest level of perfection.

I have a 2003 Lexus that I take very good care of, and when Marc first told me about this service, I was only mildly interested. After all, I thought, I get my car detailed at the Lexus dealership. What more could Marc do?

One day, I found out. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I won’t try to tell you about it, I’ll show you. Check it out: http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/118980-lexus-ls430-rejuvenation.html. I cringed when I saw the “before” pictures, because I always thought my car was the prettiest around. Now I know better. (P.S. Ignore the messy garage. It’s mine.)

I have no idea why Marc would choose a high-end detailing business in an economy where the Big Three are about to become the “Big One.” But I have never seen anything like the work he does. Personally, I think he should talk to the movie studios that are coming in to Michigan. He would make those cars into Stars! If you have a car that you love, know someone who does, or have an “in” with someone in the movie industry, give this man a call. (248) 514-5676 or email him at harrisdetail@gmail.com. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, he does amazing work! Your car looks incredible.