Saturday, June 6, 2009

Divorce Lawyer Finds A Match Made in Heaven

At a time when so many people are going through hell, I have found a match made in heaven. Who is the lucky couple? One that at first blush seems an unlikely pair: A person getting divorced, and a real estate investor.

Yes, that's right. I am at a Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) real estate investment seminar, and what I'm learning is that there are solutions for people who are getting divorced and finding out that what was once their greatest asset (their home) is now their worse liability!

These days, that is the story we family law attorneys hear, more often than not. Yet what I did not know is that there is a group of problem solvers out there to help the distressed homeowner. It doesn't work in every situation, and your mileage may vary. However, if your house is "upside down" and you owe more on your mortgage than your home is worth, what have you got to lose?

At worst, you talk to a real estate investor who tries to help you find a solution that is a "win-win" for both of you, and it doesn't work. Then, you are no worse off then you started.

At best, the investor is able to come up with a deal that gets you out of a mortgage you can no longer afford to pay, without ruining your credit. You get rid of the mortgage you don't want, and they either buy the deal themselves, or find someone else who wants to.

In a time when many of our fondest hopes have been dashed, isn't it good to know that the possibility of a happy ending is still there? If you find yourself in the situation of being stuck with a mortgage you can no longer pay, in a house where you owe more than it is worth, give me a call. I don't make any promises other than to do everything I can to connect you to a real estate investor who can solve your problem.

I don't get paid for this. I believe it would be unethical to benefit financially for matching my clients up with a real estate investor who can help them. However, the satisfaction I get from being able to help my clients resolve their mortgage problems and move on with their lives is payment enough for me. If the scenario I have described applies to you, call or email me today. What have you got to lose, but another sleepless night?

No comments: