Sunday, January 10, 2010

At long last...love!

Yes, I'm in love. With a new website I've found, called My Brain Trainer (http://www.mybraintrainer.com/). Finally, a site that lets us 50-somethings give our brains a good workout! Called the World's First Virtual Mental Gymnasium, My Brain Trainer lets you see how old your brain is (not trying to brag, but mine's 21), and for a very minimal fee allows you to embark on a 21-day brain improvement program. Well, actually 90 days of access to a multitude of brain improvement tools for a measly $9.95.

I learned of this wonderful site from my friend, Karen Serenity. She passed on an email that told about different things people were trying to stay sharp as they moved into their power years. I checked them out (everything from vitamins, to CD's designed to synchronize the brain's hemispheres) and saw that this site, My Brain Trainer, was one of the ways that really worked.

And it doesn't just work for the more mature among us! Someone in the 30-39 bracket wrote in to say they were now a systems engineer despite "never finding time" to finish their research paper, after signing on to My Brain Trainer and learning to better concentrate.

On this site, you can either do the 21 day training program (my choice), or select a specific area, such as memory, executive function, or inspection time. There are LSAT exercise groups on the site, among others. For me, my morning is not complete without my brain quiz to find out how old my brain is today.

The site boasts that not only has it been found to improve memory and concentration, it also helps to relieve anxiety and reduce feelings of stress. Frankly, I quite agree. What more can you ask of a new love than to stimulate you, support you, improve your mental capacity, and help you lose the blues? Try it; you'll like it!

No comments: