Monday, January 9, 2012

Turning Point - Help When You Need It


I want to take a moment to acknowledge a great organization: Turning Point, Inc. in Macomb County. I went to the court this afternoon to help a client from a different culture obtain a PPO (personal protection order). A very gracious lady helped us through the entire process and then went up with us to present our request to the Judge. Her assistance was invaluable, and she gave my client lots of paperwork to help her through the future ordeal, from numbers to call to developing an escape plan.

I'm usually on the other side of a PPO, defending against someone who improperly got a PPO just to obtain an unfair advantage in a custody case. Today I saw the value of an excellent organization like Turning Point. I'm glad they're there to help people truly in need.

No comments: